Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Power of Breast Milk

I was battling a pretty ugly case of cradle cap with Baby T. It was frustrating and so painful for both babe and myself. I won't go into too much detail, but it was so bad that it was oozing (not pus). I had tried EVERYTHING to heal this damn thing, even asked two different Mom groups for tips. I tried olive oil, coconut oil, baby oil, Polysporin, and even a $19 cradle cap shampoo. Unfortunately, all of the different oils made his cradle cap worse and caused him to develop severe eczema (my opinion is because of the stress due to the cradle cap).

Thankfully, one momma sent me a link to two articles* about breast milk and it's magical powers. I have heard about using breast milk to cure heat rash and eye infections, but my brain didn't connect the dots. Anyways, I figured what do I have to lose? Absolutely nothing! So, I tried it. It was a little tricky to get boobie milk on a moving head, but I managed to do it before bed and the next morning I noticed a huge difference. I put more milk on his head the following morning, evening, and morning once again. Now, a week later and it's almost gone.

His eczema is still there, unfortunately the boobie milk hasn't helped much for that, but oh well! The grossest part of it over with! I have been using an eczema wash and lotion to help heal the rest, he's so close to being back to normal! It was so hard dealing with an upset baby and knowing the only way I could sooth it was to run his head under cool water. Thank god for boobie milk.


*http://www.babble.com/baby/how-to-cure-your-babys-cradle-cap/
*http://breastfeeding.about.com/od/commonquestions/a/Interesting-Uses-For-Breast-Milk.htm

No comments: